Hi Sisters and Misters! It was a very warm and sunny day in St. Pete at the Tampa Bay Festival of Reading with the Citrus Crime Writers, a Central Florida chapter of Sisters in Crime. Great day to meet readers, fellow writers and book dealers at USF’s campus. Thanks to chapter president Kat Lopez, social media contributor, Bridges DelPonte, and fellow writer Martha Geaney for helping to staff our booth!
Hi all. The Citrus Crime Writers are meeting this Sunday–on a spacious Orlando lanai, of course. Come help us plan for chapter activities, including finalizing our logo, joining fun committees, and hearing from a local law professor about copyright basics for authors. Hope to see you there!
Date/Time of Meeting: May 21, 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
Meeting Location – Anthony Awtrey’s home: 16215 Birchwood Way, Orlando, FL 32828. (Gate code: #2820)
– Financial Business – establishing an EIN and bank account
– Formation of committees – generate a plan to actively formalize committee groups
– Create and maintain meeting location list
– Logo discussion – collect all feedback and finalize logo
– Festival participation – generate a list of all potential book festivals; discuss SinC funding opportunities
– Bridges DelPonte presentation on The Basics of Copyright for Authors